Alan Bock and crew from Helena, MT entered in 2015 Swiftsure International Yacht Race. Crew are the Abelin boys from Bozeman, all three including Dad Terry Abelin. Sail that Bene 36.7 "Chatterbox" like you stole it!
Tim Sauer and crew from Billings, MT will be competing in the 2015 J24 National Championships in San Francisco over Memorial Day weekend in Sail Montana's J24 "Garage Sail" sponsored by Billings Dairy Queen and Sail Montana. I'll be in San Francisco for a few days helping the Garage Sail Racing team get tuned up. As Mark Twain famously said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco", so bringing the warm stuff.
- new traveler track and car from Harken
- new clutches and deck organizers from Spinlock
- new backstay from Bill Fastiggi at Vermont Sailing Partners - one heck of a nice guy
- new main battens and backstay flicker from the guys at RBS, whose motto is RBS is better than your BS! - ain't it the truth...
- all new Samson running rigging
- new mainsheet system using Harken Carbo
- shout out to Ballard Sails for help on the class main and lifelines
- cool LED lighting (interior and nav)
- for whatever reason the boat did not come with mooring cleats, I guess she's too fast to tie down, but we've added a couple and relocated the aft spinn blocks
Checked out the water over the weekend, it's cold.